Many people are familiar with the Christmas season, which is celebrated all around the world. However, not many people know about the holiday season in India. In fact, Indian culture celebrates several holidays throughout the year and some of them are quite popular among tourists. In this article, we will explore some of the top holiday destinations in India and what to expect when visiting them. From beaches to mountains, read on to find out where to go during your next trip to India.
If you’re looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, look no further than Kerala. This beautiful state is home to some of India’s most popular holiday destinations, all of which are perfect for a relaxing getaway.
Kerala has long been known as a haven for tourists, with its dramatic coastline and stunning temples making it an ideal spot for those looking to relax and recharge. Some of the best places to visit in Kerala include Alleppey and Kasargod, both of which are renowned for their natural beauty and stunning scenery.
Alleppey is known for its wide riverbanks lined with coconut trees, while Kasargod is known for its sandy beaches and lush green landscapes. Both towns offer plenty of activities to keep you busy, from shopping at local markets to exploring the local villages. If you’re looking for something more active, head out onto the backwaters canals or hit up some of the area’s famous golf courses. Whatever your interests may be, there’s sure to be something on offer in Kerala that will suit them.
If you’re looking for a truly unique holiday destination, look no further than Mumbai. This dynamic city is home to some of India’s most interesting and colorful cultures, making it the perfect place to explore.
Here are six of the best places to visit in Mumbai:
- The Colaba district is home to some of Mumbai’s most iconic landmarks, including the Gateway of India and St. John’s Church.
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus) is one of Mumbai’s most popular tourist destinations and features a beautiful facade adorned with intricate carvings.
- The Jewish Synagogue in Byculla is an amazing architectural sight and one of Mumbai’s oldest surviving synagogues.
- The Chowpatty Beachfront Promenade offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea and is a great place to relax after a busy day exploring Mumbai attractions.
- Mahim Bay is a lovely area full of secluded beaches and historic buildings that make for a wonderful spot to spend a day or two soaking up the Indian summer atmosphere.
- Finally, don’t forget to wander through Little Venice – this picturesque enclave contains charming little lanes packed with interesting shops and restaurants.
Mumbai is full of vibrant culture that will make your trip unforgettable! From world-famous landmarks like The Gateway of India and St. John’s Church, to quaint neighborhoods like Little Venice, there’s something for everyone.
There are plenty of fantastic places to visit in India during the holidays, but Goa has long been a favorite destination for tourists from all over the world. This popular beach state is known for its stunningly beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters, making it the perfect place to relax and enjoy some much needed R&R.
Triund Trek, Himachal Pradesh:
Triund Trek is a 6-km hike from McLeodganj in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. The trek starts at the magnificent town of McLeodganj Dharamkot Galu Mata Temple and ends at the campsite atop the hill overlooking the Kangra Valley. This is a perfect weekend getaway for those who love hiking and enjoy stunning views of mountains and valleys. The Triund trekking trails are well-maintained and offer a beautiful scenic journey with waterfalls, flourishing green meadows, and snow-capped mountains. It’s also an ideal trek for all Himalaya lovers just starting out their trek life.
Looking to plan your next trip? Check out our Triund Trek booking guide for all the info you need! From what to pack to where to stay, we’ve got you covered.
Pabbar Valley, Himachal Pradesh:
Pabbar Valley is located in the Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh. The valley is a popular tourist destination because of its beautiful panoramas and lush forests. The valley is also home to several Himalayan settlements, including Dalhousie, Leh and Kargil.
The Top 5 Outdoor Activities to do in India During the Holidays:
- Hiking in the Himalayas
- Watching the dolphins at the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
- Trekking through Kashmir’s stunning virgin forests
- Cycling through Rajasthan’s enticing villages and sandstone cliffs
- Kayaking on India’s longest river, the Ganges
If you are looking for a holiday destination that will provide an unforgettable cultural experience, then India is definitely the place to go. From bustling urban centres to picturesque hill stations, there is something for everyone on this beautiful country’s itinerary. And if you’re lucky enough to visit during the festive season, prepare to be dazzled by delicious treats and lively celebrations from all corners of India. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and book your tickets!