Adventure sports are not just for thrill-seekers; everyone should try them at least once in their lifetime. Sports like these that instantly increase adrenaline levels can be quite stimulating as well. Bungee jumping in Goa should never be passed up if you’re an adventure junkie or even a beginner thrill seeker.you can also visit scuba diving in andaman.
Bungee Jumping: What Is It?
One of the most exhilarating adventure sports that involves fast-paced action but that anyone can attempt safely is bungee jumping. It entails leaping off a cliff while holding an elastic rope tightly around your ankles. The jumper won’t even come close to hitting the ground thanks to this. Additionally, it simulates a true free-fall for the jumper. If you haven’t already, you should include it on your Goa bucket list because it is one of the most well-liked adventure sports there.
Since Goa offers a variety of accommodations and activities, it has grown to be the most popular beach destination in India. Despite being the smallest state in the union, it is one of the most visited places in all of Asia. In Goa, visitors can engage in almost any type of adventure activity for a reasonable price. This is one of the main causes for the growth of bungee jumping as a recreational activity in Goa. Here are some things you should be aware of before signing up for this thrilling activity if you wish to participate in it.
Few tourists are aware of the potential health risks because bungee jumping is a relatively new recreational activity in India. It is not recommended for individuals in particular age groups or those who have certain pre-existing medical conditions. There is typically an age restriction for related activities due to the instant adrenaline rush that this sport offers, which may not be suitable for young children or the elderly. As a result, several bungee jumping locations in Goa have set an upper age limit of 45 years and a lower age limit of 12.
Standards for physical fitness
Likewise, there are some limitations based on the jumper’s overall health and wellness. If you have a history of heart or mental health issues, the majority of bungee jumping locations in India demand a medical fitness certificate. Body weight is also subject to limitations in a similar manner. Typically, only weights between 40 and 110 kg can be supported by bungee ropes. This indicates that if you weigh less than 40 kg, there may be a risk of the elastic rope slipping even further below the safe limit, and if you weigh more than 110 kg, there may be a risk of the elastic rope snapping under tension.
Best places to bungee jump in Goa
- Adventure sports have become a fairly popular pastime in Goa for travellers to this coastal state. So, over the past few years, a number of bungee jumping establishments have popped up, each with a special offering.
- Jumpin Heights – Its first location is in Rishikesh, India’s epicenter of adventure sports. This is without a doubt one of the most well-liked and secure locations for bungee jumping in Goa, with its second branch located there.
- Gravity Zone – One of the oldest and lowest bungee jumping locations in Goa is Gravity Zone, which is situated next to the stunning Anjuna beach.
- Sea Water Sports – Because it has an international safety accreditation, this bungee jumping location is regarded as one of the safest in all of Goa.
Bungee jumping prices in Goa
Due to the highly qualified and experienced trainers available to you, bungee jumping can be an expensive adventure sport in some nations. However, compared to other locations, bungee jumping in Goa is relatively inexpensive. In most parts of Goa, bungee jumping typically costs between INR 2,500 and INR 4,000. In addition to the price of food and lodging, some resorts in Goa also offer vacation packages that include one or more action-packed activities, such as bungee jumping.
The ideal time to bungee jump in Goa
There are particular times of the year when you can enjoy bungee jumping in Goa, even though adventure sports like bungee jumping may not have a specific season (unlike river rafting, surfing, and paragliding). Except during the monsoon season, the majority of Goa’s bungee jumping locations are open all year long. The best time to participate in bungee jumping would be between the months of August and the middle of June because it can become risky during heavy rains.
Guidelines for bungee jumping
For a safer and more enjoyable experience, you should follow a similar set of fundamental rules at almost all of India’s bungee jumping locations. Before you even leave for Goa to go bungee jumping, take a look at some of these to make sure you are prepared.
- When bungee jumping, never forget to put on comfortable shoes.
- Make sure to leave all of your valuables with the trainer or in a locker, never in your pocket.
- When bungee jumping, avoid wearing any accessories like jewelry, sunglasses, or caps.
- Alcohol consumption before bungee jumping should be avoided because it poses a significant health risk.
- Always pay attention to the bungee jumping instructor and follow their instructions exactly.
Goa is widely regarded as a traveler’s paradise because of its stunning beaches. Both nature lovers and adventurers must take a trip to Goa! In addition to raising your heart rate, bungee jumping in Goa will help you get a better understanding of this location’s ethereal beauty. Plan a trip to one of the aforementioned locations to make the most of it!